I think I want to be a helper on Removing Chains
You can be an ear of compassion for those victimized by others. By volunteering to be a Junior Listener, Listener, Mentor or Coach on Removing Chains new live text chat abuse survivors support site you can change lives. Our unique victim support site is global in reach. We need compassionate people willing to listen to help survivors feel heard, which in turn can help them heal.
Some of us have a natural ability to listen and ask helpful questions. Others have lived through our own victimization and been helped, and now have a very valuable empathy that can help others.
If this sounds like you then we need you! If you are a survivor we hope you will allow your history to help someone else. Removing Chains helpers DO NOT act as counselors, therapists or legal advisers but we do offer to listen and to link visitors with local professionals as needed.
Your compassion can change lives. Removing Chains support is always free and open 24/7 every day of the week and has 13+ chat rooms providing group or private chat. We ask listeners to fill 2 to 4 (or more) hours once or more a week.
- We ask for 2-4 hours per week in time slots that work for you based on your schedule. Logging on in the evenings in your time zone can be very helpful. As we have grown users from Europe, Africa and Australia for instance, seek those who can provide support within their global time zone.
- Junior Listeners (under 18 years old) are not allowed to provide support for survivors of child abuse, human trafficking or any similar abuse for legal reasons and to protect their own mental health.
- Usernames for helpers over 17 will use their real names; first name then first letter of last name. This shows transparency to the person you are helping and gives them a feeling of security that you are a safe person.
- Chat room helpers MUST be willing to submit to a criminal background check. Our victims / survivors deserve to know they are safe with us! Since we are a nonprofit organization the $33.00 cost of the background check is paid by the volunteer applicant.
- After the the initial volunteer vetting period, users can apply to become a Listener after 30 hours of registered chat room hours have been completed
What more do I need to know before I apply to be an online helper?
Does this sound like you? Fill out our online application for these or other positions within Ark of Hope for Children’s programs for those victimized as children by child abuse, human trafficking, or bullying.blog comments powered by Disqus